Penalties for Minor DUIs in Texas
The penalties for a minor DUI in Texas can be severe. Depending on the facts of the case and other factors, they may face fines, license suspensions, jail time, or even a criminal record. A minor DUI defense lawyer in Waco, such as Jason Lawrence, can help their client understand all the possible repercussions of a conviction and help them fight for the best outcome.
Everything You Need to Know About DUI in Texas
Minor or otherwise, it's important to understand the laws surrounding DUIs in Texas. In many cases, an experienced attorney will be able to help their client by thoroughly explaining the law and working to find any potential defense. Some of the most important things to know about DUIs in Texas include:
- Texas has an implied consent law, which means that any person operating a vehicle in the state will automatically give their consent to take a breathalyzer test.
- If an individual’s blood alcohol content (BAC) is greater than .08%, they will be charged with a DUI.
- A person can be charged with a DUI even if they are not driving. This is known as an “intoxication offense” and can be charged when a person has physical control of a vehicle while intoxicated.
- A first-time DUI conviction can result in up to 180 days in jail, fines of up to $2,000, and license suspension for a year.
- Refusal to take a breathalyzer test can result in an automatic 180-day license suspension.
With this in mind, all those charged must seek the help of a minor DUI defense attorney in Waco as soon as possible. Jason Lawrence will help their client through every step of the process, providing experienced and knowledgeable counsel. Not only this, but Jason is also friendly and will answer your questions whenever you have them.
How a Waco Minor DUI Defense Lawyer Can Help?
When facing serious criminal charges, it's always best to have experienced legal representation. A Waco minor DUI defense attorney can provide the knowledge and resources needed to ensure that their client receives the best outcome possible. They can help by:
- Explaining the charges and consequences of a conviction.
- Reviewing all of the evidence and building a strong defense strategy.
- Negotiating with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss charges.
- Representing their client in court proceedings.
- Exploring available alternatives to jail time or license suspension.
By working with an experienced professional, individuals can defend their rights and fight for a favorable outcome in court.
Possible Defenses Against a Minor DUI Charge
A minor DUI defense lawyer in Waco will be able to review all the facts of a case and build an effective defense strategy. Some possible defenses include:
- The driver was not actually intoxicated at the time of the offense.
- The officer did not have reasonable suspicion to administer a breathalyzer test.
- The officer did not follow proper protocol when administering the test.
- The breathalyzer test was not conducted correctly.
- The driver’s rights were violated during the arrest process.
No matter the facts of the case, Jason Lawrence will be able to explore all possible defenses and work on your behalf. If you need help with a minor DUI charge, contact him for help today.
Why Choose Jason Lawrence?
When looking for a Waco minor DUI defense attorney, it's important to choose someone with the right experience and dedication. Jason Lawrence has been defending the rights of those accused of DUI for years. His dedication to his clients and knowledge of the law make him an ideal choice for any minor that needs help. Why not contact Jason today